Saturday, February 1, 2014

Something tangential


Two years ago, the name of Man Ray re-crossed my radar. How that came about - I had recently watched a fascinating film based on the novel, The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera. There was a memorable scene for me where the doctor’s mistress, an artist, is showing the doctor’s most recent mistress (who has recently developed a relationship with her camera) some photographs from a book on Man Ray, or was it on Man Ray’s wife? There’s quite possibly some misinformation here.  I should rewatch that film when I have a chance. Then I too decided to leaf through some of Man Ray's  extraordinary photographs.



oil on canvas paper 9"x12" based  loosely on a black and white photo by Man Ray (not shown)
M Cohen L © 2012

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hey Man Ray -- love what Marcia painted today.

    Beautiful!!!

    Love,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is extraordinary Marcia! Such colors and movement. It's like ghosts passing in the hall way … that was the first thing I saw and felt. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gosh, Doug, Thank you so much!
      Your comments keep me plugging away! I love seeing your beautiful watercolors and drawings when you post! Please do more.
      Big hug,
      Marcia

      Delete
  3. Hey Hey Barbara Muir - love what you painted every single day in January!
    Love,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete