Thursday, February 13, 2014

A different kind of light

In spite of the warming trend I only half dressed and instead of rushing outside to glory in the warming trend, I propped a drawing I had worked on last Sunday against a piece of furniture in my dining room and worked on it for over an hour. The challenge always  is that the model is absent and so is the combination of muted natural light and artificial light of the  3rd floor studio – in place of which I have the mid day light of my south facing dining room. Not that I mind but I do nevertheless have to be cognizant of that difference. Not that I wish to burden anyone  with that trifling detail, it’s enough that I burden myself.  Now I hardly sound sincere and that poses a different kind of problem – a peculiarity of character that I’ve had years of practice at. You know what they say – practice, practice, practice.



From a Sunday afternoon
pastel on strathmore toned paper 24"x18"
Marcia LaBelle MCohenL ©2014




From a Sunday afternoon
pastel on strathmore toned paper 24"x18"
Marcia LaBelle MCohenL ©2014

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Fabulous!! What gorgeous colour you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim this is a glorious, valentine of a comment – thank you!!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely. I love what you did with it. As you know I am not a complex person, so I envy you your written complexity. But I'm no good at envy either, so instead I just stand (or sit as I am now) in awe. Aw shucks. I better go and do some work. Wonderful. I love your work.

    Love,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I’m not a complex person either - I just like to ramble especially if I have nothing to say, I just have to invent something, make something up – anything to fill space. Anyway I am a huge fan of your work and Kim’s too – I so admire your zest for life.

      Love,
      Marcia

      Delete