Friday, April 8, 2011

Chair

in order to finish off the remainder of a load of paint at my disposal from a previous outdoor session I attacked an unfinished chair.
This chair was one of four that served in my daughter's kitchen at Rue Stanley in Montreal when she  was a student there. They had belonged to her room mate’s grandmother.
When the room mate moved out my daughter acquired three of the chairs and now they’re serving in my kitchen at Stanley St. in Hamilton. 


oil on 9"x12" pre gessoed panel


6 comments:

  1. Dear Marcia:

    Perhaps the chairs could come to Stanley Street in Ayr?

    Best,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcia,

    You know I am a complete freak for chairs, and
    yours in particular.

    Love Barbara

    This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill

    It's kind of a crazy coincidence isn't it. First Rue Stanley in Montreal, then Hamilton and now of course Ayr. Is it fate or destiny - I'll take a wild guess! Thanks for commenting.

    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Barbara! I also have an affection for chairs. These chairs belonged to Carolyn Hawkshaw's grandmother - but I guess easy come, easy go. I quite like them and they're comfortable enough in which to enjoy a morning read.
    love, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! What a colourful, exciting piece.

    ReplyDelete